Wednesday, November 7, 2007

She Almost Had Me

So we've had my, almost 3 year old, niece with us for a few days and let me tell you, I forgot what it was like to have a 2 1/2 - 3 year old around. The getting into everything, the constant telling her not to be rough with the dogs, dirty diapers, food everywhere and then the bedtime ritual. She had to sleep with us, which meant she slept in the middle of me and Billy, she kept crying about how she wanted her mama and this went on for a few hours, I mean BIG tears. She also had a cold so needless to say I had snot in my hair (lovely) and hands on my head and feet in my stomach (if you've been around a toddler, you know what I'm talking about). Oh she also had to sleep with her "critters" which was 2 big stuffed animals and 3 blankies. Both me and Billy DID NOT get any sleep so I got up and went downstairs to watch TV. I was in such a bad mood the next morning.

When I went upstairs to check on her, she had just woke up. I went over to her to say good morning and she proceeded to put her sweet little hand on my cheek and say "I love you Tweesa" and then she put both hands on my face and gave me a kiss. That just totally melted my heart. At that moment, all of the other stuff just went away and I thought how nice it would be to have another baby. And then the day went on and all the madness of toddlerhood came back and I remembered why I don't want more kids, but she almost had me. With her sweetness, she almost had me convinced that I should have another child......almost!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Ewww....snot...thanks for the reminder, I'm good with 1!