Monday, January 19, 2009

Balance

I feel like I’m being torn in a million different directions right now. It’s really hard to explain. I love my church and I love to honor God by doing stuff for the church but as I look at this week, I can’t help but think this is not how God intended for it to be. Tonight, Monday, I have a meeting at church, Tuesday I have a meeting at Panera for Church, Wednesday is small group with my husband, Thursday I have a meeting at Church and then my Beth Moore group, Friday I am going on a women’s retreat through Sunday. On top of all of that, I have a job, and kids who need me right now. My husband needs me also but he will be with me for some of these things. But we could have had the whole weekend to ourselves this coming weekend because the boys will be on their ski trip. It’s not too often that we can have a weekend to ourselves but I paid for the retreat and I think it would be good for me. Next week will be a bit better, just meetings on Tuesday and Thursday.

This should not be a hard thing for me because I believe God wants me to raise my kids in a home where the parents are there and present in their lives. I only have about 5 or 6 years left with my boys and I don’t want to miss out on what should be the best but probably the hardest times of their lives. They will go to Wyldlife on Thursdays so I don’t feel bad about going to my Bible study but I still need to find some balance.

How do other people handle this? I could use a little advice here.

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

Some people, like myself, took advice from the old saying:
Just Say No.

So, there is a lot I will NOT be doing at church anymore. No need to spread the news, though. I will be serving here and there (communion, speaking); basically I will do tasks. Its too much for me; I cannot do it effectively. Plus, like you are experiencing, my daughters need their dad.