Wednesday, August 15, 2007

To Give or not to Give

It amazes me how my kids and probably most kids are so self absorbed. I think that probably most of us are self absorbed.....LOL! Anyway, this past Friday I heard a really great talk about poverty and it really got to me. So I went home and I asked the boys their opinion about Christmas. I proposed that instead of buying each other gifts that we take the money we would spend and give it to a family who was really in need. Well, the room got really silent and then Cody said "that's a good idea but lets not do it until I'm about 17 or 18 because I might not care about Christmas gifts then" and then Austin shook his head in agreement and said that we needed to wait until he was 17. Really!?! What makes them think it will be easier to give up gifts at 17 or 18? I think we need to do this for this Christmas....LOL! What do you think?

No comments: