Thursday, October 16, 2008

Election

Okay so I don't like to talk politics but this election has totally gotten me upset. I'm sure all of you, like me, have received emails about how Obama is Muslim, right? Well, I received one of those emails over the weekend from my mom's "friends". Well, I've had about enough so I emailed them back and said "I wish people would do their homework before sending this slanderous stuff out. (I sent them a link to the fact that he's not Muslim) Obama is not Muslim, he claims to be a Christian and has been for some time now. We need to pray for him since he'll probably end up getting elected because so many people are sick of republicans. We should actually be praying for both he and John McCain. This job that they are both doing is not easy and this slanderous stuff does not help. I haven't decided who I am voting for but this doesn't help. Stop sending me this garbage." (I can't find the original email so I'm not sure word for word what I said.) Well that opened a bag of worms (what was I thinking, I knew it would but I'd had enough). I received an email from a friend of my mother's that said "Don't lecture me, I didn't send this to you". I responded, "okay, thanks". She proceeded to email my mother and told her "Teresa needs to get her facts straight, he's going to be sworn in on the Koran" and blah, blah, blah and now she's worried about my faith (she didn't say that but I know these people, they think I'm going to hell now since they think I've dumped my republican ways and therefore my Christianity). I laughed when my mom forwarded it to me. Then I received an email from a man (another so called "friend" of my parents), and he said that "lots of people claim to be Christian but look at Judas. Anyone who votes for Obama is Judas and they are turning their back on God."

Really? Seriously? ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME? I can't believe these people. I can't believe that people actually feel this way. Why can't we respect each other and the office of the presidency? I honestly don't get it. REALLY? JUDAS? I'm baffled!

5 comments:

Jonathan said...

Okay, okay. The new look is cool.

I really don't know much about either candidate, and I'm not voting. I know, I should. I get attacked about this all the time.

I am against some things that I know Obama is for. Such as abortion in many forms, same sex marriage, and universal health care. I don't like these issues and am highly against abortion, highly.

Politics are always heated topics. Maybe someone will say that I am a Judas for not voting! Who knows?

Tonya said...

We have had a republican in office for the past eight years, has there been less abortions? Did he overturn Ro V Wade? Then I don't understand the problem. Where were Christians when Ro V Wade was made law? We should probably have spoken up then!!!

Jonathan said...

Tonya,
What is your real question? I think you may need to interpret your comment for others to understand what your point is.

Teresa said...

I'm pretty sure Tonya is just making a point that it hasn't mattered in the past who has been in office, Republican or Democrate nothing has changed with the issue of abortion. But let me add this, I didn't want to vote based on the tv ads so I did some research of my own and listened to the debates. What I found in my brief research was that when it came to issues of abortion, John McCain just didn't vote. If a person feels strongly about something either way, they should vote on it. Voting can make a difference. On the issue of same sex marriage, if anyone watched the debates, both McCain and Obama agreed on the issue, the didn't agree with same sex marriage.

Teresa said...

Oh and let me add one more thing...I don't want to argue or have any debates about this because the election is over and it is what it is. There are Christians who voted for Obama, including me, and feel as strongly about their choice as people who voted for McCain. And I will say this again, everyone should vote. People have died for that right. What I love about this country is the fact that our voice can be heard. And I love that people feel passionate about our this because without passion there wouldn't be change.