Tuesday, October 21, 2008

F-O-R-T-Y-!


So today, October 21, is my birthday. The big 4 O! I don't exactly feel any older but I do feel a tad bit wiser, but that's not saying much, LOL. Anyway, Billy had a surprise birthday party for me on September 12. He thought he would really surprise me by having it a month early but his plan backfired. God love him. This is what happened. Sometime back in August, Billy told me that he needed to plan a volunteer appreciation dinner for his volunteers and I said okay, let me know what you need me to do. He said that a date wasn't decided yet but that Janice would plan everything and let him know. Toward the end of August he told me that the date was going to be Friday, September 12 at Dave and Busters, I said that's fine. Then the Tuesday before the 12th we were in the kitchen cooking dinner and he turns to me and says "oh don't forget this Friday is the volunteer dinner and you have to be there". I looked at him and stared for a minute and then I said "why are you having a surprise birthday party for me?" and he said "are you crazy? Do you think I am capable of giving a party?" Please, I couldn't do that and besides your birthday is a month away." I said "that would be the perfect surprise, I would never suspect and you could so pull it off, I have tons of friends who would help". Well he put my mind at ease so I blew it off until about a week before the 12th. My friends Carolyn and Tonya had been talking about getting together for a while and they told me to pick a Friday but Carolyn said not the 12th because she was going out with Susan (Carolyn later said that she was hoping I would invite myself...LOL). Then about a week before she said that Susan couldn't go out and that she and Tonya were going to go to Dave and Busters so why don't I meet them. I told them that would be great because we will already be there. The thought crossed my mind again that Billy and the girls were planning a party but I didn't say anything. We show up at Dave and Busters at 7pm (because Billy was bent on being there at 7pm, another clue) and when I walk in the front door there stands my dad. I said "hi dad, what are you doing here" and he said "hi, I'm waiting for Donnie" very quietly and quickly. I then looked at Billy and said "why is my dad here?" Billy says "waiting for Donnie and having dinner" and I say "my parents never go to Dave and Buster's for dinner they only go to Cracker Barrel" Billy says, "I don't know what to tell you". Billy had me walk around looking in different rooms before he finally brings me over to the place where everyone is waiting. I was so excited. I saw people that I hadn't seen in awhile. It was definitely fun and I had a great time. I really do have the BEST husband. Today, we took Cody to the doctor (I'll talk about that on another day) and then Billy patiently went shopping with me and to top off the day, we are having pancakes for dinner!

2 comments:

meredith paige said...

aww happy 40th..! i love you.

Jonathan said...

Sweet! haha. Sounds like you have been blessed.

How does the saying go? "Lordy, Lordy, guess who's Fourty!"

haha

Next month, the 21st, I will be thrity! Dang! I know I'm 10 years behind but I'm kind of feeling a little strange about the whole thing.

haha, God bless!