Wednesday, January 16, 2008

OMG!

This is how my morning went:

To set the scene....I just got up and I'm downstairs making coffee

Cody: It's freezing down here, is there a blanket I can use?

Me: I don't think so but you can get one upstairs

Cody: Uhhh, I don't feel like it

and then he lays on the couch in a ball freezing his butt off

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Now it's an hour later and we're about to walk out the door

Austin: I don't want to wear this t-shirt thats under my shirt

Me: Why, what's wrong with it?

Austin: It's too short, it feels funny and Cody wore my other shirt and got it dirty

Me: What's the big deal, it's under another shirt and besides with all of the t-shirts you own, I'm sure you can find something

Cody: What about the red SOS shirt?

Austin: Red doesn't match

Cody: You're wearing a gray shirt, it matches

Austin: You don't know what you're talking about Cody, it doesn't match

Me: YES IT DOES! Now find something, we have to go

Again.....OMG ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

And the all caps do indicate yelling.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Sheesh... parenthood.

I just reached the highth thus far of my fatherly frustration this past weekend, and it left me feeling really bad. It was the first time I agrily "YELLED" at my children. I was at boiling point. I really didn't mean to, I wasn't being very patient.

Jodi said...

I think it's a man/boy thing. If you aren't dressing them you have to tell them what to wear....at least that's what happens at my house.